Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Second Chances are a beautiful thing...

Choices, life is full of them, there is no way of escaping it... and when it comes down to it, we either make a good choice or a bad choice. I am a newlywed 19 years of age. Say, or think what you may about me being too young, it does not matter, for I only value the opinion of 1 person. (God) Anyway, I've made some choices and although it was going to happen later... I took the approach of it being sooner rather than later. Thus (Getting married) Yes, He and I are very happy of course =) but I fear, that, out of the reproach of it being sooner, that we will face obstacles, and challenges that were not meant to occur. Will I be ready?

As it turns out I'm not. It begins with my family. They are hurt, and very upset with me. I don't know how long it will take for everything and everyone to be on good terms... but I know it will be a while... Although I was not ready for them, I am finding and searching my strength in God and his word. Spiritually, I feel hurt, my heart feels heavy, and I feel as if I am carrying their burden... until today.... Where I found peace even if it was for a moment...

Today in my devotional, in the selection that I chose to read said this:

A good choice
You've made some bad choices in your life, haven't you? You've chosen the wrong friends, or the wrong career, etc.. You look back over your life and say "If only....If only... I could make up for those bad choices" You can. One good choice for eternity offsets a thousands of bad ones on earth."

It was during that calm, and peaceful moment, that I was reminded of how even in the midst of incorrect choices God will always find a way to transform it into a good. Everything happens for a reason, and I will make sure that out of this choice it will bring many blessings to those around me, and bring God glory with my marriage... =)

No comments:

Post a Comment